Spic and span

Good morning, we are all snuggled in on this overcast morning. The air is different this morning, there is a hint of drizzle which is a most enjoyable change from the searing heat of yesterday.

Well we made it and so did my back. I believe the shower stall is only 3' square so the poodles reach both sides. I decided on a pair of bike shorts and tank instead of the swimsuit idea, just incase my son came home with his friends as is the case when I least expect it, not good.

I always start with my JRT, she is a compact 15 lbs and with a smooth coat she is done in a flash. Next is Tilley who obviously knew where she was going when we entered the bathroom and gave a feeble braking attempt on the way into the stall. She truly is the best dog anyone could ever have. She stood like a statue and took the torture of being bathed like the lady she is.

Next was Luke, now as many of you know Luke is my challenge. He will be turning a big 7 years old in August and we are starting to see a change. He is growing up!!!! Luke is what we call a nervous ninny (sp?) I thought for sure he'd freak at the idea of coming into the stall with me. First I did the ridualistic con job of getting him into the bathroom. Next was to convince him to enter the small chamber like stall, a little baulking, a tiny shove and he was in.

The first thing I noticed was that he was not shaking as he typically does for the first couple of minutes every bath day. He stood still, didn't complain but did put on his "face." You know the face, the "I can't belive your are doing this to me face." But it was soon over for all of us as I took my final stand. Raising up after being bent over for so long can really be the biggest challenge but I guess with all the gardening in this new place my back is getting use to it.

Like I said the bathroom is situated perfectly for bathing with a door to the outside onto the very large concrete sideyard. Out they burst, shake off what seems like gallons of water contained in their poodle sponge coat and their off. Charging around the yard like maniacs you'd think someone gave them a shot of adrenaline. This is what I love to watch, behavior.

When things get out of control that is when her majesty the queen Jack Russell kicks into gear. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you.