Simple


Dogs; simple yet amazingly complex and wonderful. A mosaic of emotion, body language and facial expression wrapped up into a fuzzy, or maybe not so fuzzy singular representation of the canine species. Each as individual as the next; and yet as a whole a labyrinth of parallel generalizations. Yes there are many common denominators surrounding the species itself, but when broken down into minute pieces,very different indeed.

Where am I going with this blog? No where specific, but as my day yesterday was a discombobulated mass of technical mess* I headed to my dogs.  I sat outside watching them in all their simple glory.  Don't get me wrong; I am in no way stating that our dogs are simple minded.  On the contrary; our canines are exemplary geniuses.  The meaning of  "simple," that I am referring to is this:  unaffected; unassuming; modest, free of deceit or guile; sincere; unconditional.  A dog is simple at it's best definition and a dog is quite simple to love.


I watched as Tilley lay on the grass enjoying the warm sun on her old bones.  Jessie lay sound asleep; secure in her own yard and Luke was at my side watching.  I let out a huge stress sigh; which was immediately addressed by Luke.  He came and nudged me; they just seem to know.  And with a simple touch from a wet nose; everything was put into perspective.  Stupid technology; it drives me crazy, and there I let it lay at that.

I wrapped my arms around my boy to enjoy the simple things in life and after much snuggling I scooped up Jessie and we headed in for some couch times.  Ahhhh; the simple things are the best things in life. 

*Not one, but two computers were down today.  I have my laptop up and running better than ever thanks to the Geek Squad but still await news on my desk top, here's hoping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you.