Rimadyl




First I want to say that I am not a Veterinarian; so this is in no way medical advice. I am a canine guardian and as such I do extensive research on new products, diseases or anything else that I haven't heard about having to do with dogs. Rimadyl is one such item that I have done a lot of research on and feel the need to pass on the information that I have found.  After hearing and reading about so many sad stories with regards to taking Rimadyl; I feel that it is my obligation to share.  I hope that you share as well.

I have heard of people receiving the product from their Veterinarian for many different symptoms.  It's a little scary how it is passed out as a remedy for so many different things.  When I hear of anyone using it I recommend that they look it up immediately to see if they want to continue the use on their dog.

This was a past post but I feel needs sharing again.  I have also added a few new links.  It is a short blog; there is no need for me to go on about it when you can read the information found at the links below.

These are only a few of the articles that I found; there are sadly many, many more.

The Senior Dog Project
-----------------------
K9 obedience Co. UK
-----------------------
Mar Vista Animal Medical Center
-----------------------
Romi's website
-----------------------
USA Today

I recommend researching any new medication or product extensively before even considering giving it to your dog.

3 comments:

  1. But when my greyhound Phantom was dying of Osteosarcoma, it was a Godsend for him and kept him comfy for a long while before I had to add the tramadol.
    My Cali (Greyhound) made it to her 15th birthday and took rimadyl for over 2 years without any problems or blood work issues. It was the ONLY reason she lived to be more than 15 years old.
    I agree that it does have risks, and that one should be cautious about giving themselves and their wonderful canine companions any drug or herb.
    But I also think that you have to weigh the risks with the benefits for any thing you let yourself or your pet (cat or dog) swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most drugs and herbs have terrible storys attached to them...human and veterinary alike. With planned long term use, a good veterinarian will check blood work after a couple weeks to make sure their body is not being effected in a negative way. They will educate you on the risks vs benefits, teach adverse symptoms to watch for and other drugs to avoid if using this.

    It is always smart to stay on top of things and educate yourself with reliable sources. I love how Sherri encourages this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann; of course I agree. Sadly it is a go to for many Vets, even with young animals. I just pass on the information for others to read.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you.