Weekend fun

Last weekend I asked for folks to send in some photos of what you did on the weekend with your pooch.  Thank you so much for sending in these photos and a little something about your gang.  I just love seeing and hearing about how other dog lovers spend time with their dogs.  This is very cool, a little piece of heaven if you ask me.


Three dogs, 30 acres, a flock of sheep and a herd of miniature horses; what could be more fun?

Pearl, the light color Standard Poodle is an avid sheep herder.  Boo, the 14 year old (wow) black lab is a master fetcher.  Boo assists with herding when Pearl needs a bit of help.  Although her herding technique is quite different than Pearl as Boo considers the sheep to be non existent.  The only assistance that she offers is in the form of chasing a strategically thrown ball.  She will go get her ball right where she is needed but then she returns.  So it is more the talent of the thrower I think.  ;)


Last but not least is Amber, 9 year old apricot Standard Poodle who is as her Mom calls her a diva.  She is a faithful companion and loves to hang out with Mom for carriage rides with the miniature horses.  She is an ambassador for the breed which in my opinion is a very serious and important job.  
  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all!

    That does sound like fun! I could help Boo chase the ball!!! and bring it back!!!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brown Dog! Ya gotta beat me to the ball thu! I may be old but I'm pretty fast! Of course if I can't find a ball I'm more than willing to "fetch" a poodle. Ya end up with a lot of fluff in your mouth but they think it's quite funny!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you.