Heat'n up

Its really hot out; so I think I'll be skipping my gym workout and get the dogs out early, really early. I was thinking about a poor husky I saw the other day as I was driving home. It's owner was out for a jog and decided that his dog should go as well; in the 90 degree weather and he is a Siberian Husky? Hmmmmmmmm..............makes ones ponder doesn't it? People just don't seem to get it; it is too hot to run dogs when it is 90, even when it's in the 80s its too hot to run dogs.

Yesterday as I came out of the grocers you could just feel the heat coming out of the pavement; it was so hot down beneath my feet that I it must make it at least 10 degrees hotter. Even in my own backyard where we have a very large concrete patio; which is very light colored, almost white it's hot. I cannot stand on it in my bare feet for more than 10 seconds before I have to run for shade.

Dogs react; they work on the action/reaction method of behavior. But we as humans are suppose to think first right? So think before taking your dog out into the heat; they cannot tell you in words that they are about to pass out. But if you are watching their body will tell you that.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever see the documentary "After Man" that pointed out that by adding more and more cement surfaces, we are heating our environment more?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you.