Really?



Really?   I mean REALLY?  Today's blog is sort of a rant, I need to vent.  So yesterday morning I had two similar incidents but different.  The first which I will quickly discuss because it is not dog related but it is related to the second incident.  Really?  Okay; I'm at the gym on the cables, which are situated near the crunch machines, too near as far as I'm concerned.  When I use the cable machine I'm normally way out so that I don't hurt my back.  This means I'm about 6 " from the crunch bench (where people do oober sit ups).  A woman comes by and at the last minute acts like she is startled to see me standing there.  I was there the whole time.  Okay; so she wants to use the machine on the other side of me.  Literally 6" from my face she is humming and hawwing about how to get over there.  I AM DEFINITELY IN THE WAY.  "GO AROUND" I'm thinking to myself.  She just has to walk around my machine to the other side, nooooooooooo she pushes her way past my face.  REALLY?



Now the next incident was at the park and it really left me with my mouth hanging open, REALLY?  So Jess and I were walking early at the park, Jessie weighs all of 14lbs and is pretty darn tiny.  A lady comes up from behind us with a very boisterous yellow lab so I move over close to Jessie and lock up her leash to let them pass.  The woman stops and waits; not sure what she was waiting for.  Jessie and I proceeded at our snail pace.  Then she does a big huff; lets her dog's extension leash go and starts our way.  There was no way she was waiting for the two snails to move along.  At this point I say "she's not friendly," as I see her big boy coming right for us.  Another big huff; and she says "I need past, I want to get by, what am I to do then?"  REALLY?

Jessie and I are taking up literally a 3' square piece of land.  The entire park is left, oodles and oodles of room to go around.  With a giant QUESTION MARK over my head; I tell her "go around, go past."  She has only about 50 feet or more to go around us.  At this point she was really ticked off with Jessie and I.  How dare we hold her up, hold this patch of the path ransom for this little old devil Jack Russell.  Even if Jessie was super friendly, at almost 15 she does not need a rambunctious lab stomping all over her.  I yelled again, now growing angry at the lack of respect for others that this woman was showing "GO AROUND!!!!!"  She acted like this go around concept was foreign, how could she reel her dog in and walk around this person and tiny dog?


Once she figured out this complicated situation and how to overcome it they stormed past us.  And as soon as she had passed us she saw another lab, a puppy.  She louded stated for all (us) to hear.  "There is a big dog puppy fix I needed this morning."  "A big friendly puppy."  Yes I heard this; how could I not, she was yelling.  The people with the other lab didn't know what hit them, they just sort of stood there as she ranted and stormed past again.  Did it make me feel bad?  She had intended it as a bigtime insult.  No; it made me think even less of this woman than I already did.  I'm just fine with Jessie and I. 

Had this woman thought for just one second about someone else, this would not have happened.  She could have happily reined in her leash and walked by without leaving the path just like everyone else does.  You never know why people are doing what they are doing.  Jessie and I were walking slow because she is almost 15 and walks very slow.  She is also dealing with a stagger from the Dementia that has now hit her.  I wasn't walking with my arms out yelling that the woman couldn't pass.  I moved right over to the side to allow her to pass, I know we are slow. 

All I have to say about yesterday's walk is MEAN PEOPLE SUCK.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh that sounds like "one of those days" where we are just a waiting target and that "don't mess with me" attitude...lol. I have been there for sure.

    My example: I have a route I drive through the neighborhood each morning and evening. I could go other ways but I like this route and have been driving that way for years. Well, in the warmer weather people are outside in the evenings more....and one particular family living on the street allows their pre-school age children to ride the plastic cars and bikes right in the middle of the street...this is main road...why would you let your kids do that I think to myself. They try to block the road by putting up a larger bright traffic green cone with a red sign on top that says "children at play". Well it seems they don't like me driving that way when they are outside...and actually probably never. Each time I drive by they yell "SLOW DOWN" and "Kids are in the STREET". Well, the interesting this is that there is a perfectly nice school playground accessible to all that would be a lovely "riding" area for the kids...but this family is so selfish they thing it is their right to block off a through street. Several times I have been angrily screamed at by the father...and several times I have been so tempted to stop, and suggest he use the playground where it would be actually SAFE for the kids to ride but I haven't ever done this...yet! I figure what's going to happen is that he yell at me on a bad day and then I react and call the police for his blocking my right of way, and for putting his children in needless danger...a fine thing to teach your kids...that it's OK to play in the street eh?

    I think the question is...is why do those people act so selfishly...and in return, why do we rise ourselves to the challenge of exercising our rights? I find it hard to not annoy me all day when the guy down the street yells at me for driving on "his street"...yet I still don't take the different route...why should I??? LOL...not sure where the madness ever ends...I guess whomever has the biggest ego wins in the end (or so they think).

    Hey thanks, I needed to get that off my chest anyway...these blogs are therapy aren't they! Maybe I need to do it more?

    Thanks for sharing your day with us Sherri...I just wanted to say "I know EXACTLY how you feel" : )

    Mo Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is,wow...really?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you.