Dogs in our past


White's Mocha Supreme
1987-2000


This is Clyde; one of the greatest loves of my life. This photo is old;  my husband came home with it lastnight. He had found a bunch of old dog photos on his laptop and thought he better put them on a cd before they were gone.

So here he is; Clyde. This is one of my favorite photos of him. He is about 11 in this photo, the same age that Luke is now. Just looking at the photo brings tears to my eyes; not sad tears but tears of recognition. This dog had such an impact on my life, he lived through alot of change.

Clyde was an amazing dog; and he really was the one who sealed the deal with males and me. I love male dogs; there is just something special about them and the relationship they have with their female guardians. Well, maybe not all dogs or guardians but my boys and me so far. He is the reason I carry a special spot in my heart for the boys.

When I think back to my life with Clyde I cannot remember a time when he wasn't right there by my side. He was a constant companion; no matter where I was or what I was doing. When a dog touches your life like this; with so much influence on your past, you hold that memory inside for a lifetime. I have often mistakenly call Luke; Clyde. Not that they are alike in anyway; infact they could not be more different in personality.

Clyde was one of the cutest puppies I've ever seen; but of course he was.  We were inseparable for thirteen years.  As a young stay at home Mom, Clyde was my constant companion, guardian and best friend.  We lived on several acres surrounded by farm land so we had a good time with lots of room to stretch our legs.  Clyde was one of 13 puppies, all brown and all adorable.  I brought him home at 6 weeks of age and it took but moments to wriggle into my heart and there he stays.  

No one can truly understand what a dog means or meant to you. Your relationship is a personal one, one to be cherished and stored away in your memory. These memories can be drawn upon at a moments notice; when you most need them to help you to move on.

Clyde is quietly with me still; he was, is and always will be a part of me. I miss him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you.