Hotel etiquette



We are almost there; our new home, our destination after 6 long days of driving.  I can't believe we made it across the US.  We are sadly missing one of our passengers but we are almost there.  Over the last days we have stayed at many different hotels.  I had no idea what the dogs would think; how they would react but I have to say that I am way impress with my dogs.

Tonight we walked into the hotel room; Luke had a look around, sniffed the suitcases and jumped up onto the couch.  It was like he was saying "okay, cool."  Tilley has had the hardest time, she is the oldest and set in her ways.  Elsa and Luke have just taken everything in stride and after tomorrow it will be six very long days of driving, stopping and driving.

Hotel etiquette is lost on many; hotels that allow dogs are really going out on a limb.  Sadly I've seen many people just pushing it; asking for those hotels to stop accepting dogs.  Poop, poop everywhere.  Nothing drives me more crazy is people who do not pick up after their dogs.  The hotel puts out bags, garbage cans and has a special place to use and people still let their dog take and crap and walk away, disgusting I think.

Barking dogs?  I was in the shower and heard Elsa barking; I ran out and asked her to shhhhhhh.  She was barking because someone was letting their little yapper bark, bark, bark and bark.  She only did a couple of chicken barks but the other dogs in some room was barking up a storm, really?  Were the people really able to sleep through their dog barking like this when we could hear it so loud through the walls?  Honestly.

This is all new to my dogs; I have hoteled with dogs many times way back when I started with dogs.  With all the changes and new things thrown at my dogs I am extremely impressed.  Ya they're pretty great.  :)

2 comments:

  1. My poodle never lets me down either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I have traveled with my two different family packs. My first bunch was pretty good. We used to travel every holiday with 5 dogs and drove from Texas to PA twice when we move. The funniest story I have is when we were moving to Pa from TX. Is was the last leg of a 3 day drive. We always would let the dogs do their business then put them in the room while we unloaded the luggage. Well my collie could open the handle style doors. So we put them in the room only to come back to he and my golden and my Shepard running around the pool at the Holidome! As soon as we entered the building I heard all these kids screaming and laughing and we saw our door ajar and knew what had happened. I'm surprised I didn't find my golden swimming since it was his favorite thing,

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you.