Canine groups and social media



These days Facebook is a big part of our lives.  I have met many people who are still not a part and do not want to be a part of FB.  It took me a while to get into the swing of it and even then I joined and didn't participate for a very long time.  Then I had another look see and liked what I was seeing.  Sure there is some bad stuff that comes with it but that is life in general, nothing is all good.  But there is so much good that has come out of a group like this.

Over the years I have been a member of many training, breed specific and dogs in general groups.  I've since left them all and now only use Facebook.  The other groups had drama, arguing and rudeness, more than I could tolerate.  What I've noticed is that Facebook doesn't have near the issues with rudeness.  For one I would never put up with it on my own groups but the groups that are not mine are just as nice.

Social media has give us a means to share information fast and wide.  I have gotten so much news via FB that I would have a hard time not having it.  I feel like our world has gotten smaller and smaller and I love it.  I have started several groups, one of which is nearing the 4700 member mark.  I just love it, I have met people around the world with common interests.  As a group we share news, bits and pieces of our lives and learn a great deal from others.

When a piece of important news is shared it is shared with speed across the word via Facebook.  The recently announced new dog food recalls is big news this weekend.  If you are not on Facebook or some other media outlet then it may take a while to get to you.  Our world is ever changing, years ago there was no Facebook and I for one am glad that it is here.  I enjoy meeting all the new people who I get to talk to and who have become a part of my daily life.

When I traveled across the country I felt like I had support throughout the travel and I did, my Facebook family was following us every step of the way.  That is amazing.  I will never forget the feeling on being connected to so many great people.   I for one think that it is a great way to connect with others.  If you are not a Facebook fan yet you should give it a try, you can always leave it you hate but I bet that you won't.

My groups on Facebook include

Just dogs with Sherri
The Standard Poodle
Sherri Regalbuto Photography
Bloat
Shutting down puppy mills
OC Standard Poodles
Poodles in need around the world

Give it a try, I'd love to meet you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you.