Canada Day


It is Canada Day for those of you who are not aware; this is our equivalent to July fourth. It is a day of huge celebration and a sea of red and white; wish I could be home for it. So to stay along the lines of the day I will discuss Dogs in Canada. First the actual publication Dogs in Canada was a staple throughout my younger years. It was where I turned to see who was who in the dog world.

There are several breeds of dogs that originate from Canada:

The Newfoundland

Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever I know alot of Tollers and actually had a four page pictorial in Dog World 2 years ago featuring the Toller.
Hare Indian dog
Labrador Retriever (yep, the #1 popular American dog is Canadian)
MacKenzie River Husky
Seppala Siberian Sleddog
Tahltan Bear Dog
Valley Bulldog

See you learn something new everyday. Have a wonderful Canada Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you.